A few weeks ago, Elexio participated for the second year in Go Beyond, a week-long missional initiative here in Lancaster County, PA.
Harvest Bible Chapel of Lancaster launched Go Beyond in 2014, extending their typical Sunday of local service to a full week in order to maximize their impact.
This year, they invited the surrounding community to join them in showing God’s love in practical ways. Twenty different churches—including several of our local church partners—participated, as well as 36 area businesses.
Elexio sent a couple groups to package meals through Go Beyond’s partnership with Global Aid Network. In just two days, 900 volunteers packed 211,000 meals that will be sent to earthquake-ravaged Nepal and Ebola-stricken Liberia.
But Go Beyond wasn’t just about worldwide efforts; most of the 200 projects that combined for 10,000 hours of service benefitted people right here in our local community. In addition to feeding those in need on other continents, the thousands who participated in Go Beyond also:
- Distributed meals outside a local rescue mission
- Organized a clothing drive that serviced 1,000 people
- Participated in a Red Cross blood drive
- Provided meals for local servicemen
- Hosted three family fun days that drew hundreds of kids
- Completed projects at the homes of needy and disabled neighbors
- Cleaned the surrounding roads
- Served several meals at a rescue mission
To conclude the week of Go Beyond, over 3,000 gathered at nearby Clipper Magazine Stadium for a full worship service, where several people gave their lives to Christ.
Elexio was blessed to play a small role in helping to demonstrate God’s love through Go Beyond 2015, and we’re praying for an even bigger campaign next year!
How is your church following the missional model and serving others?
Check out these resources on missional ministry: