As another year winds down, people create lists of New Year’s resolutions that they probably won’t keep. But your church can make a few changes in 2015 that are practical and will leave a lasting impact:
1. Review the systems that you already have in place—like your ChMS. Are you using everything that’s available to you and getting what you pay for? Don’t let valuable tools go to waste!
2. Make sure you’re providing your church community with plenty of giving options. Not everyone carries a checkbook anymore.
- Online giving makes it easy to set up recurring giving and print contribution statements.
- Mobile giving allows people to give when and where it’s convenient for them.
- Giving kiosks provide a convenient option for people at your church.
3. Integrate your ChMS and website to save time, simplify tasks for your staff, and help your church community stay connected.
4. Implement a flexible check-in system that can work offline and allows mobile check-in.
5. Update your web presence.
- If you haven’t already, make the switch to a responsive website.
- Find the right social media outlets for your church and invest in some marketing. Churches have seen success with Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
6. Consider a mobile app to increase engagement with your church community. People can register for events, give, and stay connected right from their smartphones with an app that is integrated with your church database.
What changes is your church making in 2015?